Our environmental policy is set out below. The responsibility for overseeing the implementation of this policy lies with the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee of the Board of Directors.
Coca‑Cola Hellenic is committed to conducting all its business activities responsibly with due regard to environmental impact and sustainable performance. The Company believes that the environment is everybody’s responsibility and all employees are accountable for environmental performance.
Coca‑Cola Hellenic seeks to achieve steady improvement in meeting its environmental standards while working to minimize any negative impact on the local and global environment as the Company grows its business.
To reach these targets, Coca‑Cola Hellenic:
- Conducts operations in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and applies its high internal environmental standards
- Implements and certifies the internationally recognised environmental management system, ISO 14001, in all of its operations to ensure accountability and continuous improvement
- Includes environmental strategies and objectives in its business planning process to ensure that management of environmental impact remains an integral part of its operations
- Identifies environmental aspects, sets environmental goals, monitors results and audits processes in order to assess its performance against internal and external environmental standards
- Identifies and implements ways to improve the efficiency with which the Company uses materials and resources, prevents pollution, minimises emissions, and recycles waste
- Commits to conserve watersheds by saving water and treating wastewater
- Commits to protecting the climate by reducing energy use and coolant emissions
- Plays a leading role within the beverage industry in promoting sustainable packaging by light weighting, recycling beverage containers and using recycled content in its packages
- Encourages and equips its employees to identify and act upon opportunities to improve environmental performance and waste management in the areas where they work
- Partners with stakeholders in seeking and developing solutions to those environmental problems on which the Company can make an effective and lasting contribution
- Communicates its environmental requirements and performance to stakeholders